Nirvana Chicken Wings
NIRVANA CHICKEN WINGS
I call these wings “nirvana’ because they could transport you to paradise. Easy to make, messy to eat and loads of fun. A modern interpretation of Indian cuisine that’s just as easy to prepare with chicken parts for a hearty main dish.
4 Tablespoons margarine (you can use butter if you are not kosher)
2 Tablespoons curry powder
1/4 cup dry white wine
2-3 pounds chicken wing drummettes or chicken cut into 1/8ths
1 cup mango chutney
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 Tablespoon finely chopped scallion
2 Tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
1. Melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the curry powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the wine. Remove from heat.
2. Remove any excess fat from the chicken parts. Wash and pat dry. If using whole wings, discard the tip and cut the two bone section and drummettes apart.
3. Place the chicken parts in a roasting pan and baste with the curry sauce. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350F Oven.
4. Chop up any large pieces of mango in the chutney and then spread the chutney over the chicken parts. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
5. Place the chicken on a serving platter and reduce the sauce by 1/3.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the coconut, scallions and peanuts. Serve.
NOTE: May be made in advance and reheated in the microwave or oven. Garnish with the coconut, scallion, and peanuts only after reheating and before serving.Email This Post